The market is evolving, and leveraging Cloud/SaaS technology as an enabler to make rapid business process improvements is becoming increasingly important. The Value Engineering (VE) Director role will evangelize and apply our clients Value Management framework during the sales process, which has been developed to clearly articulate how a range of supply chain related technology solutions can drive value and ensure ongoing customer success.
This role is charged with obtaining prospect and customer commitment to our clients’ programs through the Success Planning process, which can include benchmarking, running a diagnostic, building a business case, defining a roadmap and obtaining executive buy-in.
This role requires deep competency in supply chain technology systems, but also the ability to foster continuous dialogue with senior client stakeholders around organizational, strategic, and operational issues impacting value generation.
The role lends itself to opportunity identification and high-level networking within existing clients and developing relationships as a trusted partner at new prospects.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Identify and develop opportunities for business process transformation in the areas of supply chain solutions
- Profile a customer’s current maturity across various supply chain functions to identify the opportunity and effort to get to best-in-class
- Develop business cases and enablement plans to support business process transformation
- Drive executive meetings to obtain buy-in to the program through insightful solution options and a clear articulation of our clients’ domain expertise
- Support the development of new VE assets through conceptualization, implementation and execution
- Identify opportunities to refine existing or develop new intellectual property and methodology, frameworks and tools based on past experience, research, and analysis
- Be viewed as a thought leader in industry circles by speaking at industry forums, publishing articles and delivering innovative solutions
- Develop intellectual capital that can be leveraged into marketing and sales materials that will position the firm as a thought leader and generate revenue
- Support innovation around our service delivery model and provide guidance to the service and support organizations on how to execute improvements
- Actively contribute to knowledge capital; responsible for coordinating efforts across specific content areas
- Helps develop and lead training on the Value Management framework internally
- Displays a strong understanding of best practice business processes related to Procurement and Finance
- Familiar with at least one market leading supply chain software software solution
- Ability to influence the opinions and decisions of clients using understanding of client’s current performance level vs. best-in-class maturity
- Proactively communicates with internal and external stakeholders
- Identifies opportunities across all elements of a successful VE program (e.g. processes, systems, spend, structure, measures and incentives, people and culture)
- Targets, cultivates, and manages high-level client relationships (e.g. C-level, VP, or Director) to build influence and trusted advisor status
- Recognizes the service and change management needs associated with a client-focused business model
- Tailors selling approach for diverse customer groups
- Experience building, delivering and selling business cases to executive level audience
Strong candidates will offer the following:
- Strategy consulting experience at senior manager or principal level
- Experience in technology enabled business transformation projects
- MBA or similar advanced degree
- 10 years supply chain experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation and organizational skills
- Strong leadership and people development skills
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Excellent listener
- Ability to work in a team environment and share best practices regularly
- Adaptable management style to conform to the varied corporate cultures and organizational structures of our customers
- Strong problem solving ability
- Industry experience a plus
- Ability to travel up to 50%+
For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Andrew Daley via firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a convenient time.