We have two great opportunities for category managers looking for a 6 month Fixed Term Contract or a 6 month day rate assignment to commence immediately.
The main client office is in Watford however but the roles will spend much of the time in Canary Wharf with some in other locations. They are a major player in providing consultancy and professional services to the FTSE 100 / 250 listing.
The Category Manager will lead strategic sourcing, buying, and spend analytics on specific categories or areas of spend
They are looking for two people in the following areas of procurement / strategic sourcing.
- IT / Technology Procurement Category
- Marketing Procurement Category
It needs people who can drive a strong, broad-based consultative skills approach to enable change and support.
These are client facing roles working for a consultancy at a client site
- Understand and achieve category deliverables, savings commitments, milestones and obligations, and establish a project plan to meet them.
- Develop category charter, baseline, and market intelligence documents, overarching sourcing strategy and category management approach.
- Drive integrated (tactical and strategic) category sourcing strategy which delivers short term savings and drives category transformation through time.
- Develop category and sourcing strategies and perform sourcing execution activities.
- Development of negotiation strategies and successful closure of documented plans.
- Provide category leadership and direction to Sourcing Buyers and Sourcing Analysts in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Driving supplier performance, demand management savings, and increasing category compliance.
- Work closely and communicate proactively with key client stakeholders.
You will have the following key attributes:
- Degree qualified ideally or relevant experience / CIPS desirable
- Proven experience in IT or Marketing Sourcing and knowledge of the current trends in the market place
- Proven ability to run complex RFP’s and to analyse complex data sets and take meaningful insight
- Proven SRM Skills
- In-depth knowledge of strategic sourcing within a large corporation and be able to drive and identify additional opportunities.
- You are likely to have at least four years of sourcing experience in either category and know the UK market.
For the IT Role
- Software Sourcing with established industry enterprise providers
- ‘Software as a Service’ sourcing knowledge to support our client’s front office sourcing requirements.
- OEM Hardware sourcing from Enterprise suppliers.
- Hardware Maintenance for OEM hardware.
For the marketing role
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) would be useful
- Agency Fees,
- Creative, Production, iMarketing,
- Shopper, Promotions, Research, and Merchandising and events
These are an immediate requirement. You must be able to start in February 2019
Please apply directly by sending your CV and a covering letter.
If you have not heard back within 10 days then please assume you have been unsuccessful
You must have the right to work in the UK / EU.
To apply for this job please email your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0161 924 2387 to find out more.